Dr Beldholm offers breast implants and a range of surgical techniques
Breast Augmentation After Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a common cause of loss of volume to the breast. Breast implants can restore the fullness and help to lift the breasts up to a more natural position. Many women post pregnancy want to restore the breasts they had prior to pregnancy. Some women prefer the breast size they had when they were breast feeding and would like to recreate the breast size.
Our plan for you
1. Call (02) 4934 5700 for an appointment.
2. Meet with Dr Beldholm for your consultation and 3D imaging.
3. Start your Breast Augmentation surgical journey.
4. See your results!
Breast Augmentation with a Caring Touch
- Outpatient surgery
- Minimal bleeding surgical technique
- 3D Imaging as part of your consultation
- Choose from saline, teardrop or round silicone implants
- Ongoing care from friendly, dedicated staff
- Surgery performed by Dr Beldholm (10+ years of breast augmentation experience)
Download our guide: “How to choose breast implants”
Why Choose Dr Beldholm for Your Hunter Valley Breast Augmentation?
Dr Beldholm will guide you through your breast augmentation journey, keeping your results, safety and comfort in mind. He and his friendly staff are here to assist you from your initial consultation to your surgery and recovery. He and his office manager, receptionists and patient coordinator are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of patient care. It is their privilege to educate patients on their options as they decide whether to have breast implant surgery.
Step 1: Private Consultation
There are many options for your surgery and these will be discuss with you during your consultation. If you are a candidate for breast implants, Dr Beldholm will recommend an option that is customised for you and your body based on his vast experience, having performed thousands of surgical procedures over the past decade.
The decision to undergo any surgery will be made after it has been determined that it is safe for you to do so and that the results will match your expectations.
By the end of the consultation your questions and doubts will be answered and you can make an informed decision.
If you decide to proceed, Dr Beldholm and his team will collaborate with you on designing a personalised treatment plan, scheduling a convenient date and location for your surgery, and providing all preoperative and post-operative information.
Your appointment with Dr. Beldholm can be scheduled at two convenient locations:
- 30 Belmore Rd, Lorn NSW 2320: a beautiful converted heritage building in the Hunter Valley.
- H+ Consulting Suites, Cooks Hill Healthcare Hub, Suite 3, 235 Darby Street, Cooks Hill NSW: a modern facility in the heart of Newcastle
- Virtual consultations on Zoom are also available
It can be quite overwhelming when you consider having surgery and often it can be hard to remember all the information that we have provided you. We therefore provide you with written information about your procedure as well as an option to come back and have further follow up consultations with Dr Beldholm at no additional charge.
Step 2: Your Surgery
Dr Beldholm performs breast augmentation in private hospitals in the Hunter Valley:
- Maitland Private Hospital
- Hunter Valley Private Hospital
New breast augmentation techniques have improved on older methods. Regardless of the technique a surgeon uses, patients can still expect swelling, tenderness, bruising and discomfort during the recovery process. These effects are most pronounced in the first few days to weeks and then gradually begin to subside in most cases. Individual differences in healing and post-operative complications can slow the healing process. Dr Beldholm will follow up with you at regular intervals to ensure you are healing as expected.
Step 3: Postoperative Care and Recovery
Recovery from a breast augmentation will vary for each individual.
Generally speaking, most patients can expect:
- Some discomfort for the first few days or weeks that varies from patient to patient.
- Ability to lift your arms up above your head within a few days.
- Procedure is a hospital day stay only.
- Most patients only need minimal pain medications such as panadol.
- No drains are required.
- You are provided with 2 compression garments.
- Breast massaging is not required.
- No strapping required.
- If you have a non physical job, then you should be able to go back to work in 3-5 days postoperatively.
- Full exercise with no restrictions after 4 weeks.
Individual results may vary*
Step 4: Follow up Care
Your procedure is not considered complete until Dr. Beldholm has met with you to follow up after your operation. He will ensure that the healing process has gone according to plan and that all the expectations discussed in your one-on-one consultation have been met.
You will generally see the doctor on the day after the operation and also in 1 month, 3 months and 6 months following surgery. These appointments are included in the surgical fee.
It can take a year or more for the surgical scars to mature. Patients without a family history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring generally find the breast augmentation scars are well-hidden and fade to a fine line in most cases.
The breast will initially feel firm. This firmness will start settling at around 6 months. Once you reach 12 months your breasts should be soft and move naturally. Individual differences in healing and skin elasticity can impact how long it takes for the breasts to settle into their final position.
We have created an extensive LED light treatment program after you leave hospital to maximise wound healing and recovery.
Breast Augmentation Combined with a Breast Lift
Breast augmentation adds volume to enhance the shape, size, fullness, projection, and proportionality of the breasts. However, patients with significant volume loss after breastfeeding or pregnancy may be better candidates for a breast lift. A breast lift can be combined with breast augmentation, providing fullness and perkiness. Typically, Dr Beldholm performs the breast augmentation and lift as two separate surgeries spaced at least a few months apart.
“For the right candidates, a breast lift with implants can achieve perky breasts with enhanced fullness and cleavage.”
Dr Bernard Beldholm FRACS
Breast Implants gallery
References and Evidentiary Research
- R Glen Calderhead, Won-Serk Kim and David B Vasily “Adjunctive 830 nm light-emitting diode therapy can improve the results following aesthetic procedures” Laser Ther. 2015 Dec 30; 24(4): 277–289.
- Kim, W. S. & Calderhead, G. R. (2011). “Is light-emitting diode phototherapy (LED-LLLT) really effective?” Journal for laser surgery, phototherapy and photobioactivation, 20(3): 205-21
- Tebbetts JB. “Achieving a predictable 24-hour return to normal activities after breast augmentation: part I. Refining practices by using motion and time study principles.”. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 109(1):273-90; discussion 291-2, 2002 Jan.
Disclaimer: Individual results vary. All surgery carries risks & you should seek a second opinion before proceeding. See full Disclaimer