Sculpt Tummy Tuck Post Pregnancy
When you look at your body in the mirror, what do you see? If you are lucky to be a proud mum, you probably notice some changes to your tummy caused by pregnancy. Your abdomen changes a lot from being pregnant. Some of these issues can’t be fixed with diet and exercise alone. Keep reading to find out how you can get a flat, sculpted tummy that looks how it did before you got pregnant.
Pregnancy changes your tummy in several ways
Here are the top three cosmetic issues women have after pregnancy:
Loose skin: Excess abdominal skin can make it difficult to feel sexy. It can limit your wardrobe and be a source of discomfort. Many mums refuse to wear form-fitting clothes and bikinis due to their lax skin. It may cause you to lose confidence during intimacy, which can strain your relationship.
Abdominal muscle separation: A tummy pooch, low back pain, loss of core strength and a space between the abs are some signs of muscle separation. This condition, known as rectus diastasis, commonly occurs in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
Excess fat: Many women find it difficult to shed the kilos after pregnancy. Stubborn fat pockets on the abdomen can make it impossible to fit in clothes. It can also make you feel self conscious. Some mums struggle to get rid of isolated fat bulges with diet and exercise alone.
Why did these changes occur?
- Abdominal muscle separation: The abdominal muscles have a fibrous band that runs down the middle of your abdomen. The band may stretch or tear as your belly expands during pregnancy. Nearly 60 percent of mums have ab muscle separation, which can give the abdomen a distorted appearance long after giving birth.
- Loose skin: Your abdominal skin stretched to its limit as your belly grew during pregnancy. Like a rubber band, your skin can only stretch so much. After giving birth, your belly gradually shrinks like a balloon deflating, causing the loose skin to hang in an unattractive manner.
- Excess Fat: Weight gain during pregnancy is normal and healthy. However, many mums find it difficult to lose weight after giving birth. After reaching your goal weight, you may find it difficult to remove those pesky fat pockets despite your diet and exercise efforts.
What is the Sculpt Tummy Tuck?
Dr Beldholm’s Sculpt Tummy Tuck is ideal for mums who want a sculpted, flat tummy after pregnancy. Medically known as lipo-abdominoplasty, this procedure addresses the three main cosmetic issues women experience after giving birth.
✔ Repair muscle separation
✔ Remove saggy abdominal skin
✔ Get rid of stubborn fat pockets
12 Powerful Advantages of the Sculpt Tummy Tuck
Dr Beldholm’s Sculpt Tummy Tuck method can have life-changing benefits for mums who want to look and feel great in their body after pregnancy. After surgery, many of his patients report:
- Less abdominal fat
- A flat abdomen that looks how it did before pregnancy
- A slim, toned and sculpted tummy
- Looking great in clothes, lingerie and swimsuits
- Feeling more confident and sexy
- A renewed desire to be intimate with their partner
- Relief that they didn’t wake up from surgery with drains
- A discreet surgical scar that is hidden in the underwear line
- A more attractive belly button
- Visible improvement of abdominal muscle separation
- Minimal tissue trauma and a relatively comfortable recovery
- A firmer, flatter and more lifted mons pubis
How does the Sculpt Tummy Tuck operation work?
Step 1: VASER Liposculpture
First, Dr Beldholm sculpts the abdomen with VASER liposculpture. This groundbreaking liposuction technology gently melts the fat cells so they can be easily removed with machine-assisted suction. VASER causes less tissue trauma and bleeding than traditional liposuction for an easier recovery. It also gets closer to the skin surface for maximum fat removal and a more defined tummy tuck result.
Step 2: Abdominal flap elevation
Dr Beldholm dissects and elevates the abdominal flap to free the loose skin.
Step 3: Muscle Repair
Next, Dr Beldholm dissects a tunnel so he can access the rectus abdominis muscle. He sutures the two sides of the six-pack muscle together at the midline to repair the muscle separation that occurred during pregnancy.
Step 4: Skin Excision
Dr Beldholm makes a horizontal incision on the lower abdomen. He hides the incision in the bikini line so the scar isn’t visible in underwear and swimwear. He measures and marks the excess skin, then removes the skin and closes the incision. This leaves the abdominal skin flat, tight, and smooth — similar to how it looked before you were pregnant.
Dr Beldholm M.B.B.S, B.SC (Med), FRACS
Get a flat tummy after pregnancy: Chloe’s journey getting a flat tummy after her pregnancy. Order your copy on amazon
As a FRACS surgeon, Dr Beldholm is passionate about helping mums improve their bodies after pregnancy. He has performed more than 10,000 procedures in his 20+ year medical career, combining the skills of a specialist surgeon with an artist’s eye. He stays at the forefront of science and technology to create beautiful bodies while minimising recovery time so busy mums can get back to their life as quickly as possible. Always excited to share the latest innovations in body contouring surgery, his YouTube channel has more than 8,000 subscribers. With multiple TV guest appearances and journal articles, he is a trusted authority when it comes to helping his patients achieve their cosmetic goals. Whether you desire a subtle change or a complete transformation to get your body back after pregnancy, Dr Beldholm will help you look and feel your absolute best.
To learn more about the Sculpt Tummy Tuck and find out if it’s right for you, contact Dr Bernard Beldholm’s office on (02) 4934-5700.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. All surgery carries risks. You should seek a second opinion before proceeding. The opinions that are expressed on this page are those of Dr Bernard Beldholm. Dr Beldholm’s opinion may differ from other medical providers’ opinions.